U-HAUL® is looking for friendly, energetic, and motivated individuals that enjoy interacting with customers and take pride and comfort in a job well done. U-Box CCR’s are responsible for pick up, transportation, and drop off of our U-Box containers and to ensure that our valued customers needs and expectations are met by providing them with friendly and courteous service.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Operate a flat-bed truck
• Operate an 8000 pound propane forklift or a truck mounted forklift
• Load and unload storage containers onto truck bed for delivery to storage facility
• Transport cargo to and from specified destinations
• Ensure timely delivery; provide customer assistance to include the sale of support items
• Use a truck mounted forklift to remove containers from vehicle, and position in the designated storage location
• Use on-line computerized dispatch and rental systems
• Prepare, receive, and provide appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods
• Verify that the container, and any other equipment rented, is returned in the same condition as when rented
• Ensure warehouse storage facility is clean, dry, and secure at all times
• Perform “Customer Ready” inspections of U-Box containers prior to dispatch
• Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
• Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
A Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) or above is required, however, we are willing to train candidates in order to achieve an applicable CDL for employment. Candidates must possess a clean driving record, be able to pass a criminal background investigation, and meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) and U-Haul physical examination requirements.
U-Haul drivers that operate service vehicles and/or rental trucks with a GVWR of 10,001 lbs. or more or a combination of vehicles (truck and trailer) with a GCWR of 10,001 lbs. or more are required to have a driver qualification file. A medical certificate from a federally registered medical examiner must be obtained to be a U-Haul CMV driver.
Must possess a Class 3 or D Driver's License with Air Brake Endorsement, a clean driving record and be able to pass a criminal background investigation. Meet all Transport Canada and U-Haul physical examination requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individualswho use nicotine products. (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Washington). This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...