Your contribution may include:
- Analyzing, monitoring and reporting on service center metrics such as service, efficiency and Supply Chain KPIs, NPS results, and cross selling trends
- Conducting research for various projects and document findings
- Developing an understanding of the Service Center and how they collaborate with other departments
- Utilizing a variety of computer programs and applications for shipment tracing, monitoring equipment inventory and supporting both internal and external customers
- Researching best practices and other Supply Chain management trends for the industry
- Resolving issues and performing root cause analysis in order to improve processes using the ArcBest Quality Process
- Conducting compliance checks to ensure accordance with agency (OSHA, EPA, etc.) as well as Company, state and local law requirements
- Developing and delivering presentations to management during internship
- Supporting, communicating, reinforcing and defending the vision, values and culture of the organization
- Assisting in timely technology-enabled visibility
- Participating in and conducting pre-shift meetings
- Providing support to service center operations team & local sales team, as needed which could include U-Pack support, sales lead generation, market research
- Communicating efficiently with internal and external customers
- Answering phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
Other duties and projects, as assigned
As a Management Trainee Intern, you will be a member of the ArcBest People Services team.Your hours will be will be scheduled to support the 24/7 operation and may vary by location with irregular hours that may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business with junior or senior standing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Accuracy Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented Ability to serve both internal and external customers by focusing effort on meeting the customers needs, understanding their concerns, and seeking to build trust.
- Detail Oriented Ability to be structured and methodical in working skills. Pays meticulous attention to all aspects of the situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant.
- Ethical Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method for performing a task.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please contact arcbhr@arcb. com or call us at (479) ###-####. An Equal Opportunity Employer including Vet/Disability.