Packaging Automation Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Packaging Automation Manager will take a leading role in supporting the packaging development on a range of new Automation Engineering projects.
This position can be based out of our plants in Bedford Park, IL, Bridgeview, IL, or in our corporate offices in Lake Forest, IL.
* Packaging Automation Team Lead; responsible for the management, training, and administration of the team in the performance of assigned projects.
* Act as packaging Project Lead to support manufacturing automation programs; participate in all end of line automation kick-off meetings and FAT/SAT as required for new equipment and product packaging trials.
* Own all aspects of the functionality and design of product packaging from the end of line equipment; this includes at minimum, corrugated, bags/film, pallets, labels, stretch wrap.
* Working technical knowledge of packaging equipment including, but not limited to: baggers, case erectors, case packers, palletizers, and stretch wrappers
* Support CapEx projects; provide consultation on purchasing, equipment specs and requirements as it pertains to product packaging.
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the Packaging Automation Group; may include preparing written policies and procedures.
* Experience in identification, assessment and prioritization for risk management.
* Develop effective presentations (verbal and written) for all levels of the organizations to sell ideas and report on projects.
* Train/develop equipment knowledge of direct reports, including but not limited to; case erectors, case packers, palletizers, and stretch wrappers.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science or similar technical discipline with a minimum of 7+ years of package development experience in the Food Packaging industry. 3+ years' supervisory experience of technical/salaried associates.
* Highly developed project management skills including formalized methodologies. Must have a very good understanding of a development process and able to generate concepts from marketing scope and goals to conduct feasibility analysis.
* Ability to work strategically, independently and using initiative to successfully execute packaging development projects
* Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels of the organization; ability to prepare written policies, procedures, proposals and reports
* Ability to establish relationships to generate collaboration
* Ability to balance innovation, cost and manufacturability of new packages
* Ability to travel up to 50% within North America
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-TM1 \"IND1P\"