Foster Care Caseworker
Employment Type: Full-Time
Make a positive impact that can last for generations as a Foster Care Caseworker at Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, an organization that has established a strong legacy of commitment and compassion. At-risk children and their families are counting on you to provide the full range of foster care and/or adoption services according to state procedures, COA standards, LSSI policies, and best practices.
- Becoming a Foster Care Caseworker could be the most important career choice you've made.
- Provide and coordinate a continuum of casework services to help children and families thrive.
- See the difference your skill, passion and empathy can make as you connect with families, participate in care supervision, coordinate and collaborate with other service providers to promote the well-being of youth and families who rely on the support of caring professionals to have a fair chance in life.
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you're helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure
- Opportunity for advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, days of paid time off per calendar year, paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed
- The opportunity to become a part of a fantastic team of Child Welfare professionals!
In addition to a real passion for working with at-risk children and families, this opportunity requires:
- a BA degree in Social Work or a related human services field, a valid driver's license
- proof of automobile liability insurance and access to transportation for home visits, meetings, and client transportation
- the ability to pass and obtain State licensing required by Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. If you do not possess a Child Welfare Employee License (CWEL) upon hire, LSSI will work with you to obtain it.
- Child welfare experience is preferred. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.Job Requirements:
Key Words: Foster Care Caseworker, Foster Care, Child Welfare Specialists, Social Services, Child Welfare Specialist, Foster Care Caseworker.
Loading some great jobs for you...