Welder II 1st *Sign-On Bonus*
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Welder II - 1st Shift *Sign-On Bonus - Apply by 5/9/20*
At Team Jtec, we design and manufacture material handling solutions, such as our Patented CarryMore Tugger Cart System, which enables companies to cut costs when moving materials in manufacturing and distribution facilities. Jtec is at the forefront of new technology and growth, creating innovative solutions for an evolving industry. We'd love to talk to you on how you can be a part of our team!
The ideal candidate for our team will demonstrate 1-3+ years welding experience, with specific weld-out and build from blueprint experience.
**Sign-On Bonus Eligible - $1000 (details will be described to qualified candidates at the time of scheduled interview/test). Apply, be offered and accept conditional employment with a start date by 5/15/20.
- 1st shift: 6AM - 2:30 PM M-F
The Welder II performs setup, alignment, and tack weld of fabricated metal products prior to final 'weld out' as well as complete weld operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Must be logged into a job no less than 90% of shift
- Monitor quality to assure consistent and acceptable welds
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to final assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Understand the amount of pieces that need to be welded per hour, required welded pieces per job, and be able to achieve those goals
- Verify that parts being used in welding process are consistent and proper to adhere to requirements per first piece produced
- Keep the assigned work station swept and cleaned as necessary, keep clutter and trip hazards out of work areas
- Use PPE, per training, as required for the specific task being performed
- Other jobs and/or duties as directed by fabrication supervisor
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Technical certificate or vocational training in welding or equivalent of experience
- 1-2 years MIG welding, including layout and blueprint build experience
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of welding processes, materials, quality control and techniques
- Mechanical - Knowledge of welding equipment, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Design knowledge of blueprint designs and technical specifications
- Reading Comprehension - understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Operation and Control ' Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Wage Dependent on Relevant Experience/Education
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- $15,000 Company Paid Benefit Life Insurance
- Supplemental Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan and Company Match Program
Equal Opportunity Employer Jtec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Apply directly online:
Loading some great jobs for you...