Quality Assurance & Infection Control Nurse
Full-time in Elgin
Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) is a multi-site federally qualified health center providing comprehensive medical, dental and behavioral health services within the Chicagoland area. Our mission is to provide quality, affordable health care for all including those without the ability to pay. We currently have health centers in Elgin, Wheeling, Hanover Park, Streamwood, Sycamore, DeKalb and McHenry. We are financially and programmatically stable and are continuing to grow. We are Joint Commission Accredited and are PCMH Certified. For more information, I encourage to visit our website, gefcc.org.
This is a great job opportunity for a Quality Assurance & Infection Control Nurse who is either experienced or is looking to get into the medical field. In this position, you ll be able to contribute to your community and make an impact in a patient s life. If this is you, keep on reading.
Coordinate and implement all aspects of Quality Assurance, Infection Control and Employee Health throughout the organization.
How You'll Help Patients
- Identifies opportunities for organizational improvement and suggests or develops and implements strategies and activities to successfully address them.
- Effectively collaborates with others to design, coordinate and effectively implement quality assurance and performance improvement activities and processes.
- Consistently evaluates GEFCC compliance with Joint Commission standards and other internal/external requirements and effectively engages in QA and PI activities that lead to consistent organizational compliance.
- Actively attends, leads and supports committee work and organizational outcomes, as directed. Activities will include, at a minimum: Chair Infection Control Committee and attend other committees; manage Employee Health Program and participate in staff training.
- Works in close cooperation and collaboration with the GEFCC Medical Director, Safety Manager and Infection Control Committee to implement Infection Control practices.
- Develops and engages in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and Chart Documentation Audit as it pertains to patient care, which results in the continuous quality improvement of patient care and the development of new services
- Works in close cooperation with health center staff to manage Employee Health Program.
- Reports to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Engages in all offered trainings, consultations and supervisions made available. Fully and professionally responds to and implements directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Perks Just For You:
- Paid Training
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid-Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays)
What You'll Need
- Graduate of accredited registered nurse program, BSN degree preferable, but not mandatory
- Current State of Illinois RN licensure
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed registered nurse is preferred
- Infection Control or QAPI experience
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, domiciliary, intensive, neonatal, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, unit