Registered Nurse - Experienced Cardiovascular Surgical RN Wanted!
Are you tired of working for a big, corporate system? Do you want to live in a more family-friendly area? Do you love the great outdoors? Want to work in a state with more desirable staffing laws? Come work for Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center!
Frequently recognized for medical excellence, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center continues to receive accolades for the care it provides, including the following:
- Watson Health Top 15 Health System for six years in a row!
- CareChex - an information service of Quantros, Inc. - named Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center the No. 1 hospital in the country for medical excellence in interventional coronary care. For heart attack treatment, Asante Rogue Regional ranked No. 1 in Oregon for medical excellence and patient safety.
- Becker's Hospital Review recognized Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center as one of the \"100 great community hospitals\" in 2018. And 2017. And 2016. And 2015. And 2014...
Still not convinced? Read on!
Who We Are
Recently recognized as a level 2 trauma designation, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center (ARRMC) has a state of the art surgical department with 15 OR suites, including 2 dedicated cardiac surgery suites and hybrid operating room. With 9-10 blocks per day, ARRMC performs approximately 10,000 cases per year with a variety of specialties. These specialties include: general/vascular, neurosurgery, total joint/orthopedics, bariatric surgery, trauma, ENT, plastics, urology and cardiothoracic surgery. As a progressive surgical hospital, ARRMC performs robotic urological, gynecological and general surgery - and was one of the first in the state of Oregon to employ the use of the Mazor neurosurgical robot and to perform transcather aortic valve replacement (TAVR). ARRMC also performs Davinci Si and Xi robotic surgeries in general, urology and GYN specialties. Recognized as the region's referral center, serving nine counties, ARRMC is also recognized as a top cardiac surgery hospital in the Northwest performing approximately 600 heart cases and 400 lung cases per year.
As a level two trauma designation, there is a 15-minute response time for standby call. Standby call requirements are defined by the department and may be based on current staffing needs.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced Surgical RN who is cares about providing compassionate, efficient and high-quality nursing care for a diverse population of patients and their families
- A solid team player who enjoys working with a close team and stops at nothing to achieve a shared goal
- A forward-thinking RN who not only enjoys learning new processes but supports change
- You offer high critical thinking skills, strong communication skills within a fast-paced environment
- You perform well working within a small team and demonstrate leadership qualities
What You'll Do
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to deliver excellent patient care
- Scrub and circulate a variety of procedures within the surgical suite
- Participate in clinical teams to focus on evidence-based continual improvements
- Demonstrate organizational skills in the delivery of nursing care to patients with flexibility and a willingness to adjust priorities in response to changes in patient acuity, volume, emergencies, staffing or scheduling.
- Become part of an impressive and well recognized surgical team that has an all physician anesthesiologist team and all RN heart team
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning Healthcare System
- An unparalleled, supportive culture that leads to award-winning patient outcomes
- Excellent base pay, comprehensive benefits and performance-based incentives
- Generous time off package including 8 holidays that supports a healthy work/life balance
- Substantial retirement package that includes a 6% employer contribution
- Relocation and bonus package available to qualified external candidates
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a locally-managed, nationally recognized top 15 health system. We are located in beautiful Southern Oregon and are the largest healthcare provider in nine counties. We provide comprehensive medical care to more than 580,000 people throughout southern Oregon and northern California. Our facilities employ over 5,000 people and include: Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners, and additional healthcare partnerships throughout the region.
At Asante we believe that we are defined by our values the traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
What You Must Have
- Associates in Nursing required
- Bachelor's in nursing (BSN) or Master's in Nursing (MSN) preferred
- Current operating room experience (minimum 1040 hours in the last 2 years) or recent successful completion of an extended Perioperative training required
- Ability to circulate 4 out of the 6 specialties required
- Minimum 2 years circulating and scrubbing open hearts required
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by the Oregon State Board of Nursing required
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA) required upon start
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) sponsored by the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) preferred
- Certified Vascular Operating Room (CVOR) preferred
Associated topics: ambulatory, ccu, intensive, intensive care, neonatal, nurse rn, recovery, registered nurse, staff nurse, transitional