We Are Hiring
Behavioral Health Associate - School Programs 006 - PRN,Day - Therapeutic Day School - South - Glen Ellyn,IL
Shift: position will be as needed for coverage, 7:30am - 4:00pm shifts when working
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides direct behavioral health patient care.
* Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
* Provides or assists with providing direct patient care, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions.
* Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in condition and suggests modifications to the treatment plan.
* Establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention credentialed from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI).
* One of the following required: Paraprofessional cert, Type 73 license,Teacher's Cert, LBS I, Sub Teaching Cert, or Prof Educator license through the ILSBE; LPC, LCPC, LSW or LCSW from the IDFPR.
* Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
* Bachelor's Level Degree in Education or Human Services field highly preferred
* 2-4 years of experience with adolescent populations preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.