• Facilitate the reporting of seed testing/purity results and report findings to Brand Managers.
• Organize and facilitate a dedicated field inspection program for seed production.
• Guide herbicide and other biotech tests.
• Monitor seed regulatory matters.
• Manage day to day testing at Seed Laboratory.
• Develop and evaluate new tests for improved seed testing.
• Organize tours, public relations, and seed quality education meetings for customers and AgReliant employees.
• Recruit, supervise, train and develop full time and seasonal staff as needed.
• Provide for a summer and winter grow-out program and evaluation of results.
• Assist in improving the Customer Service Program.
• Support the VP of Operations and other Corporate Staff in strategic decisions/projects.
• Oversee the maintenance of the building, grounds, and all of the testing equipment it holds.
• Champion and demonstrate the AgReliant Genetics Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
• Willingness to learn new responsibilities associated with seed quality assessment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
• Five (5) or more years of seed industry experience (or related industry)
• RST or RGT Certification preferred
• Two (2) or more years of previous management/leadership experience
• Knowledge of germination/vigor testing in multiple crops
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to develop and maintain a budget
• Ability to work as part of a team and develop partnerships with other functional groups
• Excellent organization and planning skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to coordinate and complete projects on time and within budget/scope
• Excellent leadership, people management, and relationship/team building skills
• Understand botany, herbicide, biochemistry, and agricultural sciences
• Understand seed policy and seed regulatory issues and how to influence them
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work required hours
• Ability to lift 25 bs.
• Some overnight travel required (10% of time at most)
• Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR Requirements
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...