The AbbVie iSAT Translational Imaging group is actively engaged in an innovative and dynamic PET research program which includes the development, labeling and evaluation of novel PET radioligands, assessing their application to drug discovery and development, and their utilization in the understanding of normo- and pathophysiology in animal models of disease and in man. The department identifies and progresses key imaging initiatives within AbbVie and at external collaborator sites, and interfaces widely with other groups in AbbVie (e.g. medicinal chemists, toxicologists, biologists, pharmacologists, clinicians).
The responsibility of the (Analytical) Radiochemistry Scientist will be to perform radiosyntheses of PET tracers and the analysis/characterization of radiolabeled molecules and their metabolites in various matrices including plasma using HPLC and other methodologies. In addition, the candidate will have a supporting role with method development for the purification, analysis, and lipophilicity measurements of radiolabeled small molecules and biologics (i.e. PET radiopharmaceuticals). This role operates in a collaborative culture and a high degree of matrix working is required both within the imaging function (partnering with radiochemists, chemists, biologists, imaging scientists and modelers) and across research departments. Key Responsibilities:
Position will be hired based on Education and Experience Basic:
- Perform radiosyntheses of small molecules and biologics.
- Development of methods for the purification of PET radiopharmaceuticals.
- Development of methods for analysis of PET standards/precursors and metabolites.
- Handling & processing of plasma samples for radiometabolite analysis via HPLC.
- Communication with imaging team on metabolism results and provide technical input in order to improve analysis, interpretation of results, reporting and communication.
- Maintenance of radiochemistry modules and analytical/metabolism equipment in radiochemistry/imaging suites.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- BS, MS, OR PhD degree in radiochemistry, analytical chemistry or related discipline with experience in HPLC analysis.
- 10+ (BS), 8+ (MS), or 0+ (PhD) years of experience
- Prior experience in working with short- or long-lived radioisotopes.
- Good knowledge of various radiochemistry synthesizers, HPLC platforms and software.
- Working knowledge of PET and associated platform technologies including plasma radiometabolite analysis is preferred.
- Experience with analysis of biologics is preferred.
- Ability to execute deadlines in multidisciplinary teams and deliver high quality data.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the \"essence\" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Associated topics: antibody, biopharmaceutical, cytometry, dietician, histology, industrial hygienist, microbiology, therapeutic, therapy, vaccine